Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My bedroom


My bedroom is my own personal space. I set up my room so that it would be comfortable and relaxing. I chose certain colors to make the look and feel of my room calmer. I used light colors, but also added some animal print to ad my personality in it. My room can be very bright because my curtains are white, but I also have a ceiling light and a standing light. With my room being so bright, I feel that it is more opened than closed. I like it that way because I never like to feel closed in.
         My room is decorated to the way I like it. I try to keep things organized and neat so that I know where things are at all times and where I can find things. I have a few pictures up of my friends and family. I have a TV in my room so that I can be alone and watch TV at the same time when I want to. I have a double bed so it is a little bit bigger than a twin sized bed. I like having a bigger bed because I like having more space to move around. My room has a big window on the front wall. I like to open the window when it is nice out so that I can let fresh air in. It is another aspect that makes my room feel more open and comfortable. I always have a fan in my room because I never like to be hot, I always like there to be air circulating. Plus I like the noise when I am sleeping.
         Bedrooms can be your own personal space or it can be a public, social, or intimate space. I feel that my room indicates all of those. I like to have my room to myself, but sometimes I like it to be the “hang out.” I like sharing my room and having company. I feel more comfortable hanging out in my room than hanging out in my other friends rooms. Overall my room describes what I like and how I like things. 

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa -- when in the world would a bedroom be a public space? What else is covered in Chapter Three that could be applied here? What about the terms about perceptions of the environment? What about the framework of reactions to the environment? It's obvious that our bedrooms reflect our interests...what can you say that shows off your new knowledge?

    ReplyDelete